We will collect personally identifiable information from you in a variety of ways including directly from you when you register on the Sites, use other Web18 services, enter competitions or prize draws, navigate around our Sites or respond to communications from us. Web18 may also receive personally identifiable information from, third parties including our related companies, our business partners and publicly available sources of information.
The following is what we normally collect about you to help us provide you with our services, where we can: • Personal attributes, name, address, gender, date of birth, email, telephone number, and service details; • Information on how you use our website, including details of your domain name and Internet Protocol address, operating system, browser, cookies, time spent on a page or content, and the route you took to navigate through the pages; • Other data, from time to time, to help us provide you with improved products and services.
If you choose not to provide us with certain information we may not be able to provide you with a particular service. Web18 also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, Web18! cookie information and the page you requested.
Information Sharing and Disclosure Web18 will NOT disclose personally identifiable information about you to third parties except in the following situations:
• We have your consent to share the information;
• We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
• We need to share the information with certain service partners in order to respond to your comments or to resolve service issues. (Unless we tell you differently, these partners have no independent right to use this information except to respond to your comments or to resolve the service issues.);
• We respond to requests from any Indian or foreign government, security, defence, revenue, regulatory or other authority, agency or officer;
• We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal proceedings;
• When required by law that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights of property News18 and its sub domains.
• When applicable law or regulation requires disclosure of information to protect the safety or security of users of our Sites;
• We find that your actions on our web sites violate the Web18 Terms of Service or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services;
• We may need to share details with third parties (such as auditors or legal advisors) to obtain advice. Any such processing will be governed by an agreement in the form required by law, preserving any statutory data protection rights.
People we may disclose your personal information will include:
Who has access to the information at Web18?
• Members of Web18 ;
• Members of Web18 ;
• our related companies;
• advertisers and content partners, either in an aggregate form eg. “5,000 users clicked on a banner ad”;
• Credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
• our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
• other telecommunication and information service providers;
• by disclosing individual records such as IP addresses as may be required by law; or
• government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law. We will ensure that these people only use such information to perform the above functions, and that they have adequate procedures in place to deal with your data securely. Some of these people may be based outside India.
Use of information for marketing
In line with any permission you give us, we may send you direct marketing about our own, or carefully selected third parties' goods and services and disclose your information to other organisations that may send direct marketing to you. You can change your marketing preferences if you are registered with us. In addition, you can unsubscribe from email communications via unsubscribe links provided in communications sent to you.
Link from or to Other Sites
We take various precautions to keep your personal information secure from unauthorized access and will store your personal information for so long as it is necessary to provide you our services or for archive purposes. You are responsible for keeping your User ID and password secure and you should not disclose them to anyone.
Notification of Changes